Departure: 29th November 2021 / 14 days / 13 nights
On December 4th 2021, a total solar eclipse will be viewable only from some of the Earth’s most southern latitudes – an exclusive and unique phenomenon that we are celebrating with a designated voyage from South America.
After sailing east to the eclipse zone, we’ll take the opportunity to explore a less frequently trodden side of the Antarctic Peninsula, traversing the Weddell Sea and Antarctic Sound and visiting the historic Elephant Island before experiencing the sights and sounds of the Peninsula’s penguin-abundant north-western shores. After this east-west traverse of Antarctica’s phenomena, its history, its wilderness and inhabitants, we’ll salute the frozen continent and the witnessing of a once-in-a-lifetime event to the backdrop of a Shetland Islands sunset before turning north.
Solar Eclipse 2021 is a truly unique itinerary with a rare glimpse of a dark Antarctica contrasted with its gleaming, icy shores.
- View a unique total solar eclipse in the Antarctic from the deck of the Ocean Endeavour;
- Hear from world-leading experts on the significance of this event in our on-board presentation series;
- Explore the Peninsula’s rugged and remote east side including the Weddell Sea and Erebus & Terror Gulf;
- Witness the historic Elephant Island – a focal point of Sir Ernest Shackleton’s epic Endurance saga;
- Visit the Peninsula’s western shores – abundant in penguin colonies and stunning marine life;
- Explore the sweeping vistas of landing sites on the South Shetland Islands;
- View albatross and spot for whales at sea en route to the eclipse zone.
For more information about this wonderful trip, please contact our VIP travel consultants.